This policy sets out how Pharmapod Ltd. uses and protects any information that you share with Pharmapod Ltd. when using this website. Pharmapod are compliant with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and also the GDPR, which enters into force 25th May 2018.
We respect your trust in us to use, store and share your information. In this notice, we explain how we collect personal information about you, how we use it and how you can interact with us about it.
Pharmapod Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. By using the Pharmapod website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What we collect
Pharmapod Ltd. collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Pharmapod Ltd. also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Pharmapod Ltd.This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Pharmapod Ltd. for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Pharmapod Ltd. Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Pharmapod Ltd. public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Pharmapod Ltd. does not read any of your private online communications.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Pharmapod Ltd. encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Pharmapod Ltd. so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Pharmapod Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Pharmapod Ltd. and Pharmapod Ltd. family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
Pharmapod Ltd. collects and uses your personal information to operate the Pharmapod Ltd. Web site and deliver the services you have requested, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails to inform you of other products or services available from Pharmapod Ltd.
- We may share your data with necessary third parties, as part of delivering our service.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Pharmapod Ltd. keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Pharmapod Ltd., in order to determine what Pharmapod Ltd. services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Pharmapod Ltd. to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- Pharmapod Ltd. does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent
- Pharmapod Ltd. Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Pharmapod Ltd. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Pharmapod Ltd.; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Pharmapod Ltd., or the public.
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Pharmapod Ltd, Data Protection Team, 48 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
- If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube or Vimeo video.
Disabling these cookies is likely to break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Media Website Cookies
To facilitate easy sharing or liking of content on social network platforms such Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor & Behaviour Statistics Cookies
- How visitors reached our website (e.g. from a search engine, an advert, from social media site etc)
- The activity of users on the site such as the number of pages viewed, time spend on individual pages, the pages visitors leave our site on
- How often visitors return to our site
- Visitor technology used (e.g. browser, operating system, device etc)
These statistics help us make our site as user-friendly as possible, to ensure a good experience for all visitors.
- Google Analytics which is a program that helps us measure site usage details including the examples above.
Site Improvement Cookies;
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show ads on sites on the internet.
Turning Cookies Off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your internet browser settings to stop it accepting cookies. There are many different browsers and versions. Some of the most common browsers and versions and listed below. Click the name of your preferred browser below to learn how to disable and manage cookies. If you version of browser is not listed, please visit your preferred search engine.
Please be aware though that turning off cookies will impair the performance of many websites and not just ours.
Security & Retention of your Personal Information
Pharmapod Ltd. secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Pharmapod Ltd. secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Pharmapod Ltd. shall not retain data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the lawful purpose of data processing.
Changes to this Statement
Pharmapod Ltd may change this policy from time to time, to reflect company and customer feedback, by updating this page. Pharmapod Ltd. encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Pharmapod Ltd. is protecting your information. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Pharmapod Ltd. welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Pharmapod Ltd. has not adhered to this Statement, please contact a member of our Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
For further information on your rights and the General Data Protection Regulation, please contact:
Address: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, R32 AP23